We are committed to caring for each of our patients as if the pet belonged to one of us or to one of our family members. Your pet is never “just a cat” or “just a dog”. We understand that your pets are your family members, and we’re here to help.
The VMC is appropriately trained, staffed, and equipped to handle the most serious emergencies and illnesses.
- We have a team of emergency veterinarians, led by the only board certified veterinary criticalist in the greater Syracuse area.
- Our emergency veterinarians can rely on our team of veterinary specialists as resources, including on-site consultations and referrals if needed.
- Our licensed veterinary technicians are highly experienced and include multiple technicians who are formally specialized in Emergency and Critical Care and who are working toward such specialization.
- The VMC of CNY offers the most complete range of advanced services in the greater Syracuse region. Our veterinarians spend every day diagnosing and treating animals with your pet’s specific problems – whether that problem is a life threatening injury or a chronic disease.
- The VMC is the only veterinary facility in the greater Syracuse region to meet the rigorous requirements of theVeterinary Emergency and Critical Care Society (VECCS) for a full-service Emergency and Critical Care Center.
- The VMC has the largest group of board certified veterinary specialists in the greater Syracuse region. Just like a major human hospital, Veterinary Medical Center of CNY offers a range of specialists in different departments under the same roof. Our specialists and service departments work cooperatively to offer the most complete range of services and care in the greater Syracuse region.
- These veterinary specialists have at least 12 years of education and training, and specialize in a single area of veterinary medicine. Board Certified Veterinarians have completed specialized training and education beyond that required for a Doctorate of Veterinary Medicine (DVM or VMD), and have successfully passed rigorous examinations to ensure competency in their area of specialty.
We’re there for you
- 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, 365 days per year.
- We never close, and we’re the only veterinary facility in the greater Syracuse region always open and fully staffed.